Primary Care Co-Commissioning Joint Committee
NHS England and NHS Nene CCG joint commissioning committee (the Joint Committee) has the primary purpose of commissioning primary medical services for the people of Northamptonshire.
This includes the following activities:
- GMS, PMS and APMS contracts (including the design of PMS and APMS contracts, monitoring of contracts, taking contractual action such as issuing branch/remedial notices, and removing a contract);
- Development of newly designed enhanced services (“Local Enhanced Services” and “Directed Enhanced Services”);
- Design of local incentive schemes as an alternative to the Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF);
- Decision making on whether to establish new GP practices in an area;
- Review all requests from Member Practices relating to any adjustments to practice lists;
- Decision making on approving of practice mergers, and for retirements and resignations to seek assurance in relation to services in the event of resignations or retirements; and in relation to plans for procurement, if any,
- Making decisions on ‘discretionary’ payment (e.g., returner/retainer schemes).