Age UK Northamptonshire is a large local independent Charity established to serve the needs of older people, which includes those who are frail, vulnerable and/or socially isolated, in and around the County of Northamptonshire through its services, to enhance their quality
of life whilst maintaining the organisation's core values, which are:
- Putting older people first
- Being dependable and adaptable
- Being business-like but compassionate
- Treating people as individuals and human beings
The organisation wishes to recruit new voluntary trustees, for an initial three-year term, to our Board of Trustees. It is seeking individuals who can help support the development of the Charity's strategic direction and impact by putting older people in Northamptonshire at the heart of everything it does, now more vital at a time when local government resources are under increasing pressure.
Age UK is looking for Trustees who may have a range of skills and experience including one or more of the following in Financial/Accounting, Leadership and Management within the Commercial/Industrial and Health Sectors, Governance and Legal, Fundraising experience, Commercial marketing with digital technology and social media:
Ideally, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of meaningful roles in the private, public or voluntary sector
- The ability to operate at Board level effectively in an independent local organisation that is also part of a national network of charities working under the Age UK brand
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; the skills to challenge current thinking at Board level
- The time commitment needed to make a difference to the Charity – meeting twice quarterly, attend the annual away day and AGM as well as aligning with one of the many services.
Find out more about the range of services that Age UK Northamptonshire provide across Northamptonshire
How to apply:
Please contact the Chief Executive's office to express an interest at
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01604 611203 and ask for Sharon Hepple-Scott.
Please come along and join us at 12:30pm on 31st October 2018 at Moulton Community Centre, Sandy Hill, Reedings, Moulton, Northampton, NN3 7AX for refreshments followed by a short presentation and overview of what we do, as well as meeting trustees and colleagues.