Your local GP practice provides a wide range of family health services for you. These include:
- advice on health problems
- examinations and treatment
- minor injury services
- contraceptive and sexual health advice
- mental and emotional wellbeing
- prescriptions for medicines
- referrals to other health services and social services
Registering with a GP
To find your local GP practice, visit www.nhs.uk or call the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 311 2233
Once you have found your nearest, call or visit them to register.
GP Out of Hours
If it’s an emergency and you need treatment in the evening or at the weekend call 111 and they will be able to connect you to the GP Out of Hours service.